Sunday 12 December 2010

Hector Umbra


Great news! Uli Oesterle's Hector Umbra is finally being published in English by UK publishers Blank Slate. After years of staring at my German copies I'll finally be able to find out exactly what is going on. If you haven't seen Uli's work already click here. His stuff is wonderful. I saw one drawing on a sticker on a lamppost in Munich and I was hooked. Here's my pic of the eponymous hero to celebrate.

Also on the Blank Slate blog there's a release date for two new Darryl Cunningham books, more Mawil and the much anticipated Gungle by the brill Warwick Johnson-Cadwell. 2011 is going to be a pretty good year for comics.

8 comments:

WJC said...

He looks ACE! And I cannot wait for his book to come out.

monkeyfeather said...

Yeah, really fantastic. I'm psyched about the english version of the book too!

james corcoran said...

That's a brilliant Hector, really looking forward to seeing it in English too.

Jason Bennion said...

That's Absolutely fantastic news & has made my day!!!!

Your pic of Hector is outstanding & is now my new desktop wallpaper:)

Simon said...

Fantastic news and that's a kick ass rendition right there!

Uli Oesterle said...

hi jonathan.


i know i´m late.

i was blasted if i find your hector today, half a year after you have posted it. your hector is best! i really love your style - you know that - and i love your way of drawing him. thank you so much for posting the news with blank slate books on your blog.

one question: can i get your permission to post your drawing on my blog and facebook site?


best, uli.

Jonathan Edwards said...

Uli

Thank you very much! I'm so glad you like it. I'd be honoured for you to post it on your blog and FB page. Thanks again for the comments. I'm really, really pleased you approve.

J

kalonji said...

Hector Umbra forever !!