Tuesday 15 March 2011

Graphic Bankers


Been busy recently so I haven't had a great deal of time to draw just for the blog so here's a recent commission to bridge the gap. It's an illustration for Property Week about "The Rise and Fall of the Party Bank". I was asked to use only the colours from the Anglo Irish Bank's logo and to approach the illustration more graphically than I usually do. The key was to keep the figures fairly anonymous and to reflect the bank's logo. A really enjoyable job.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

Cracking. Beautiful shapes on this.

Funcanny said...

Beautiful. Early 60s feel about the whole, partly due to the colours. I wonder if they were chosen in about 1962?

Jonathan Edwards said...

Thanks, Elliot.

Richard - Thanks! I was wondering when the logo dated from. Not a modern colour scheme at all.