Wednesday 25 February 2009

Spotlight on Pop!


This is a page I've contributed to a forthcoming zine compiled by the inimitable Mr Alex Hornsby. The theme of the issue was "Avant-Rock" so my page is a fake pop star profile in the style of the now defunct British kid's comic/magazine Look-In.  Anyone interested at all in Look-In (and all the TV based comic strips within) should click HERE. Check out those incredible cover paintings by Arnoldo Putzu. They used to blow my tiny child's mind!

Update - The zine is called Radiator and it's MySpace page is here.

7 comments:

WJC said...

I wish there was a Klunt.

Fred Blunt said...

Love your work Jonathan - always check it out in the guide...
Do you use illustrator to do your cool line work for print?

Cheers

Jonathan Edwards said...

Thanks, Fred. I only use Photoshop. All the line work is produced with a brush. It looks the same on the drawing board as it does in print just in colour. Illustrator always seems more like "Maths" than "Art", if you know what I mean.

Fred Blunt said...

That's some splendid brush work I must say... I have to make a feature of my cack-handedness!
Totally agree with you about Illustrator - it makes my skin crawl!
Cheers

Nelson Evergreen said...

That's bloody funny, Jonathan - you should do a whole set of these little beauties.

Jonathan Edwards said...

Thanks, Neil. Maybe I should. It's the closest I've come to writing anything in ages!

Nelson Evergreen said...

You do write real purdy, boyo.